We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car or Scooter rental when not 25?

Chicago
Level Contributor
187 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Car or Scooter rental when not 25?

Hi, I know this is late - but my daughter will be arriving in Vieques on 3/13 staying through 3/16 and wants to explore the island. She is 22 and her boyfriend is 21. Avis doesn't show any availability and I am not sure if anyone else rents to under 25. Maritza's won't even rent scooters unless you are 25.

Does anyone know of somewhere where they could rent a car(preferred) or a scooter? They are staying near Isabella Secunda.

Thank you!

1. Re: Car or Scooter rental when not 25?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:46 pm, July 29, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car or Scooter rental when not 25?

Budget Rent a car and Charlie's rent a car will rent to those 21 and above for a fee. I do not have experience, but I am under 25 and will be renting a car so I read about all their policies on their websites. It is approximately a $25 dollar per day upcharge.

Berkshires
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car or Scooter rental when not 25?

There is no Budget or Charlie's on Vieques, and you can not take the cars over on the cargo ferry.

Minneapolis...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car or Scooter rental when not 25?

I am 23 and will be in vieques in a few weeks. We were able to rent a car from Avis-they do rent to people under age 25 for an extra fee of $25 a day! Just call the office and rent the car instead of renting one on their website! Hope this helps!

:)

Chester County, Pa.
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car or Scooter rental when not 25?

I don't think Avis will let you bring the car over on the ferry.Hope this helps!

Minneapolis...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Car or Scooter rental when not 25?

There is an avis car rental location ON vieques. So no need to bring the car over on the ferry because it's already there!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car or Scooter rental when not 25?

leaabrahamson,

Were you successful in renting from Avis? I am also under 25.

Also, did you happen to find out of people under 25 could rent scooters?

Thanks!

Chicago
Level Contributor
187 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car or Scooter rental when not 25?

Hi,my daughter was able to rent from Avis. They were very nice, but there is a surcharge. I had also found that Fun brothers would rent scooters to under 25, she didn't need to as Avis worked out. She loved Vieques. Have fun!

9. Re: Car or Scooter rental when not 25?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 27, 2014