We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boardwalk in Laguna Kiani Reserve?

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boardwalk in Laguna Kiani Reserve?

Hi-

When I was in Vieques last year, I was told that the boardwalk was inaccessible and in disrepair but I've since seen a few posters talk about walking through the laguna on the boardwalk.

Anyone know the current state the boardwalk and how to get to the entrance?

Thanks!

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boardwalk in Laguna Kiani Reserve?

It was open on October, but it was in disrepair (one end falling into the water). It is right along the road to Green beach.

Don't get too excited about it- it is about 100 ft total in length!

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,921 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boardwalk in Laguna Kiani Reserve?

i havent been on it recently but it should be open. the entrance is the same as before. i understand it is not as extensive as before though.

Mackinac Island...
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boardwalk in Laguna Kiani Reserve?

I was there in November, as already stated the end has fallen into the water but you can still go far enough for a nice view of the lagoon and mt. pirata.

4. Re: Boardwalk in Laguna Kiani Reserve?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 27, 2014