We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reserving one night stay on Vieques

Baltimore
6 posts
Save Topic
Reserving one night stay on Vieques

Hi -- we are planning a trip to Puerto Rico for Christmas week (12/24 -12/31/06) and plan to do an overnight to Vieques on the night of 12/26 to kayak in the biobay that night. I've contacted a few guest houses to reserve a one night stay for 5 people for that night and they have both told me they don't do one night reservations until two weeks in advance. Anyone have any recommendations about reserving a one night stay on Vieques this far in advance?

Also, I've checked out the Golden Heron website about the biobay kayak tours, and their message on the website makes it sound like they are no longer doing these tours, but recommend another operator. Does anyone have any recent experience with Golden Heron?

Thanks for your help, you helpful people. You're great!

Bocoho

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
The Hideout Outdoor Activities
Horseback Riding Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Bieque Eco Trips - Tours
Kayaking & Canoeing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Blue Waters Caribbean Adventures
Horseback Riding Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Black Beard Sports
Gear Rentals, Kayaking & Canoeing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Eco Tours
NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reserving one night stay on Vieques

The Starwood Martineau Bay will probally be the only place that can accomadate you during this time period for one night. AS well, they can set a trip up for you.

NYC
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reserving one night stay on Vieques

I think you're going to have a very difficult time booking a one night stay this far in advance anywhere in the caribbean. Christmas week is the busiest time of year for them. Most places will be fully booked.

NYC
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reserving one night stay on Vieques

I think you're going to have a very difficult time booking a one night stay this far in advance anywhere in the caribbean. Christmas week is the busiest time of year for them. Most places will be fully booked.

Level Contributor
1,109 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reserving one night stay on Vieques

You don't have to stay overnight in Vieques to experience the biobay. East Island Excursions offers a trip via their high speed catamaran out of Fajardo. The trip included transportation, drinks on the catamaran, dinner on Vieques and the biobay tour. You return to Fajardo by about 10:30pm.

The only thing with December is that we are prone to north swells and the trip may get cancelled due to high seas or bad weather.

Mentioned in this post
East Island Excursions
East Island Excursions
1,779 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Fajardo
Fajardo
Puerto Rico
Isla de Vieques
Isla de Vieques
Puerto Rico