We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VAL through Expedia

centralpennsylvania
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
VAL through Expedia

We purchased our tickets through Expedia for our R/T flights from San Juan to Vieques. Since then, I have read that you should call VAL to confirm that you are actually on the flight. Does anyone have any experience flying this way? Will it be an issue to just show up at the gate?

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,071 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VAL through Expedia

thats a good question, but why not just call them anyway? 787 741 8331

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VAL through Expedia

I booked my family's flights this way in November for December travel. We just showed up at the gate and had no issues.

Lexington ky
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VAL through Expedia

Make sure you've got enough lead time on your flight in San Juan. Our VAL was late. We were fortunate we had several hours of lead time. And find some food, if you're going to be there a long time. The food at the airport is limited and terrible.

centralpennsylvania
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VAL through Expedia

We have an hour and 45 minutes between when we land in San Juan and when we leave and at least 2 hours on the way home. That should be plenty right?

I guess a phone call wouldn't hurt--just didn't want to be that crazy customer :)

5. Re: VAL through Expedia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 12, 2014