We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Vieques

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving in Vieques

We spend a glorious week including Thanksgiving in Vieques Puerto Rico. “We” consisted of me and my husband, my parents, and my two teen sons. Three generations, ranging in age from 13 to 65+. Some of us are avid snorkelers and some relax-on-the-beach types.

Thanks to everyone on this forum – both the regulars and the infrequent visitors – who provided valuable advice. I visited this forum daily while I was on the island to get advice on beaches and restaurants to go to.

I wrote a long report and will post it in more digestible parts.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thanksgiving in Vieques

Great report(s), Carol, thanks so much for giving back to the forum!

Hopefully you'll stick around to help answer questions based on your recent experiences!

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thanksgiving in Vieques

Very cool Curt!

We were wondering where the thick bamboo poles came from, as we assume it's not native to Vieques.

It's so nice to hear about people making the effort to clean up the beaches. A couple of the ones we visited had lots of seaweed washed up, but I saw very little human-made trash.

Madison,WI
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Thanksgiving in Vieques

Thanks for all the beach and snorkeling info_Carol_from_Princeton. The other info will be helpful durning our visit in March 2013. (The chartered flight was a bit out of our league.)

Jan

Madison,WI
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Thanksgiving in Vieques

Curt,

Just found your video of kayaking to the secluded island and connection to your ebook. Looking forward to learning more about Vieques through your filter. Doug and I arrive in March for a few days and have Garcia beach on our budding list. Thanks for cleaning it up.

Jan

Indiana
Level Contributor
840 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Thanksgiving in Vieques

Glad to share Jan. The beach will probably once again have lots of debris. We try to take a few garbage bags with us when we visit them.

I wish I had done a better job of videoing the reef when we went out on that kayak trip. The beauty of it all just took over. I forgot to video a large section and then when I did video I was moving around way to fast trying to capture anything. We never did make it out to Blue Tang reef and that's one on our list.

:-)

Edited: 4:32 am, December 15, 2012
16. Re: Thanksgiving in Vieques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 17, 2013