We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maritzas Car Rental

Indiana
Level Contributor
888 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Maritzas Car Rental

Just woke up from flying home all day yesterday, it takes 12 hours to get back, and what I found in my email inbox was a receipt from Maritzas for the jeep I dropped off at the airport just 24 hours ago (and this is Sunday). I was able to leave the keys for the jeep with Cape Air desk in the airport. I just can't say enough about how well ran that business is.

Curt

and btw, we got an upgrade to a larger vehicle at no charge, so maybe there is something for repeat customers.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maritzas Car Rental

With all the good PR you're giving them they should give you a few days free rental. Totally agree with you about them - they are great.

Carolinas
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maritzas Car Rental

Give it a few months and you will have a mysterious $400 charge on your credit card from Maritza's that no one will be able to explain.

Isla de Vieques...
Level Contributor
218 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maritzas Car Rental

We exclusively used Maritzas for years before we lived in Vieques. Never had a problem with check in, return or charges. Very professional. You get what you pay for. I also feel that Avis is a quality organization here on Vieques. I know that plenty of people use the unlicensed rental companies for lower rates, however, when I was on vacation my relaxation time was worth the extra $$ I spent for Maritza. Avis was not on island at that time.

Indiana
Level Contributor
888 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maritzas Car Rental

Digdog,

I have been renting from Maritzas for nearly 4 years now and have never had any problem like you describe. Plus..I use an American Express and all it would take, if there were ever any problems, would be a phone call. I once had someone charge 4k on my American Express. American Express called me because the charges were occurring in Germany and I hadn't left the country. I signed a paper and never heard another word about it.

Lastly I've met the owner of Maritzas and spoke at length with her. She is not the type of person to ignore a customer problem. Unless you can factually back up your claims I take them as bogus.

Curt

Edited: 4:07 pm, November 27, 2012
Iowa
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maritzas Car Rental

I agree with Curt. We have rented from them for several years and never any problems.

Carolinas
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maritzas Car Rental

I finally got a response to the $400 in charges.

According to them I left the gas tank empty and shattered the windshield. Thankfully I kept my gas receipt and I took pictures of the vehicle before I turned it in. Not sure why they would make this stuff up???

A car rental shouldn't be all this hassle. I would recommend everyone stay far away from Maritza's Car Rental.

Indiana
Level Contributor
888 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maritzas Car Rental

A couple of observations:

First you've posted only 4 messages on this forum in total. They've been in the last two days and they've been in regard to Maritzas only and they're all negative and this is suppose to be about a rental you had months ago?. No prior questions regarding Vieques in any/way/shape/ or form.

Secondly, why would you take a picture of your rental car before you turn it in, unless there was indeed something awry? Nobody takes pictures of their rental cars before they return them, or at least this is the very first time I've heard of it. When you turn a jeep in to Maritzas they go out and check it out and give you a receipt for the rental. Just like they do when you rent from them initially. You and the agent go out and look the car over, marking on the contract any dings or scratches.

Lastly, was there something good about your trip? Like the beaches or where you stayed or a restaurant or something?

Seems odd to take a vacation and not mention anything else other than some supposed problem with a rental car?

Just my .02

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maritzas Car Rental

well, he is only mentioning maritzas here because this is a thread about them. at least he isnt a new member. so the name wasn't made just to bash maritzas. most people do not contribute anyhing. but it would be nice if there was an even amount of good to go with the bad. just my wo cents about that.

as for the statement that

"I know that plenty of people use the unlicensed rental companies for lower rates,"

which companies would that be? I really thought all the rental companies that are left have licenses to operate. am I misled? please let me know. I always thought the lower prices were due to the condition of the cars they offer. lol

Edited: 9:05 pm, November 28, 2012
New York
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Maritzas Car Rental

On Vieques I take photos before I leave with the rental car and after I return the rental car. It's not Kansas after all.

Greenwich...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Maritzas Car Rental

I just returned from Vieques last week, what a fantastic Island! Our trip was amazing EXCEPT for when we returned our jeep to Maritz'a and they trumped yp 200 worth of extra bogus charges. So disappointing. everyone we met on the Island were so lovely and helpful and then we got scammed by Maritza's. Such an ugly experience. Stay away fromMaritza's, it was such an obvious scam..... very disappointed and unhappy. when we return we will definitely use Avis.

Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques