We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week between Christmas and New Year's

Bristol, VT
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Week between Christmas and New Year's

We'll arrive 12/26 for a week. While not our first time to Vieques it is the first time during the holidays. Anything special happening that we should be aware of? What happens New Years Eve? Thank you!

Isla de Vieques...
Level Contributor
218 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week between Christmas and New Year's

New Years Eve is a festive time on the plaza in Isabel. A multi age event, there is music, dancing, food, drink, fireworks through the night. I am sure there is plenty going on in Esperanza too. The plaza celebration gives me a real feeling of "community" though.

Mentioned in this post
Esperanza Inn
Esperanza Inn
312 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Isla de Vieques...
Level Contributor
218 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Week between Christmas and New Year's

I have recently heard some talk that there will not be a New Year's eve plaza celebration due to a new mayor taking office and the budget going to his inauguration activities. Don't know if this is true. However, if anyone from the local Chamber of Commerce is monitoring, I think this would be a great event for them to sponsor. It is something that has been enjoyed by

locals and tourists in the past.

Bristol, VT
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Week between Christmas and New Year's

Doubt he'll be mayor for long if that's true! Thanks for the update. Can't wait to be back.

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Week between Christmas and New Year's

My family will be spending 3 nights on the island over Christmas. We have never been there so we are unfamiliar with the restaurant situation. Can anyone recommend a nice place for Christmas dinner? We are staying in Esperanza, but will be able to travel around.

Mentioned in this post
Esperanza Inn
Esperanza Inn
312 Reviews
Puerto Rico
5. Re: Week between Christmas and New Year's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques