We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Pizza?

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
218 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Good Pizza?

We visited Vieques in the beginning of 2011. We loved the pizza at Lazy Jack's....it was fresh baked dough. Then we were back this past March. We headed to Lazy Jack's for more of their pizza and were very disappointed that they had changed the crust. It looked like a pre-made pie crust that was very dense and chewy. Someone said it was a wheat crust. Needless to say, we didn't go back for the pizza. Are there any other fresh baked dough pizzas on Vieques that anyone would recommend? We visited Lydia's bakery almost every morning and saw that they advertised pizza...any thoughts? We'll be returning in a few months and would love to find another good pizza. Thanks!!!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
850 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Pizza?

Williams Pizza in Isabel (main drag, same side of the street as the post office)...we ate there a few times and were pleased.

:-)

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Pizza?

If Taverna is open, they make a good pizza. I had the clam pizza there and it wa s really good.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Pizza?

If Taverna is open, that is the best on the island. I would take Lydia's over William's for sure. Enjoy!!!!

Broomfield, Colorado
Level Contributor
102 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Pizza?

I've searched for Taverna's hours and everything I've found says they are open M-F at 6 pm. Can anyone confirm if they are open on weekends? We are planning a December vacation and were gong to meet family there on Saturday night. Thanks,.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Pizza?

Last I knew, they were closed Sat and Sun nights.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Pizza?

you cant plan something like that 6 months in advance. you never know...

Isla de Vieques...
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Pizza?

Taverna is closed in the summer as the chef goes north. They usually reopen around November. Last season they were open Monday through Friday; not the weekend.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Pizza?

Curt - I have to disagree about Williams. We tried it while on island in November and had to force myself to eat just one piece. BFF ate a piece too and the rest went in the trash. We both said it was the worse pizza we have ever had ANYWHERE!!!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
850 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Pizza?

ewe...now that's bad.

Maybe we just got lucky on those times...I dunno. I remember on that particular trip that we liked Williams better than Lazy Jacks Meat lover pizza.

We could have been into the Glenlivet on those occasions too.

Who knows....

:-)

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Pizza?

Pizza is the most disagreed upon food on the planet.People are very particular on what they find good about a pizza but the thing is it seems everyone has a different opinion as to what it is that makes Pizzas good or bad!

Edited: 3:13 pm, July 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques