We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight questions

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
54 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Flight questions

I apologize if this has already been answered on this forum, but I'm wondering if booking the San Juan to Vieques flight separately is a better deal than booking straight through from my destination? Cape Air seems pretty pricey ($500 for 2 roundtrip) - are there less expensive but reliable options? Any airlines I should avoid? Thank you!

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
491 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight questions

Flying from San Juan is more expensive. We flew from Ceiba, which cost about $60 pp round trip. Another cheaper option is to fly from Isla Grande airport instead of the main one. Try Vieques Air Link or Flamenco Air. We flew VAL with ease.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight questions

You can fly out of Isla Grande airport (SIG) for almost half the fare of flying out of SJU. SIG is about a 20 minte/$20 cab ride from SJU and the RT fare on Vieques AirLink is around $130/pp. The Ceiba airport is quite a distance from SJU - about 60-90 minutes and about $75 each way by publico.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight questions

Hi

you should definitely book your flight to Vieques seperately. The cost of booking from your origin is about double than doing it on your own.

as stated there are several options. but no matter it is cheaper than booking from your origin airport to vieques.

:)

FS

Edited: 7:59 pm, June 12, 2012
4. Re: Flight questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:41 am, June 21, 2013