We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruise for 16 people

Paris
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
cruise for 16 people

I was wondering if there are any sailboat or catamaran operators on Vieques who could take our group for a cruise around the island. I have done this kind of thing before in the Caribbean but haven't found any recommendations etc. for Vieques.

11. Re: cruise for 16 people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, October 17, 2011
Paris
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: cruise for 16 people

Thanks! I have contacted Captain Jay and look forward to getting back to you with reviews.

Paris
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: cruise for 16 people

A belated trip report: We went with Captain Jay on a motor sail to Culebra and had a fabulous time! The boat was fantastic and had plenty of room for us to spread out. There was also a full kitchen where we made gourmet sandwiches. Captain Jay also had snorkeling gear for us and took us to a great reef off a little beach in Culebra. I highly, highly recommend his service!

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: cruise for 16 people

overworked, that is excellent news! Did alll 16 fit in 1 boat? How much did he charged? How long took the ride to Culebra? Thanks!

Edited: 6:20 am, January 17, 2012
Isla de Vieques...
9 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: cruise for 16 people

While it is 8 miles from Ceiba to Vieques (at Mosquito Pier), there are no marinas in Ceiba, only Fajardo. From Fajardo to Isabel is indeed 18 miles and the crossing does take about four hours, depending on wind and current.

I would suggest either hiring a boat out of Fajardo or asking the Vieques Sailing Company (a joint venture of Marauder and SeaVieques charters) to take out up to 12 people per trip.

Isla de Vieques...
9 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: cruise for 16 people

BTW, Capt. Jay has left the island.

Isla de Vieques...
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: cruise for 16 people

i will be returning by feb 20 2013 have had a medical leave but looking forward to returning

Captain Jay Skidmore

Berne, Indiana
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: cruise for 16 people

Overworked can you give some more details on trip to culebra such as cost, how many people on boat and how long the trip was? Thanks

Berne, Indiana
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: cruise for 16 people

Overworked can you give some more details on trip to culebra such as cost, how many people on boat and how long the trip was? Thanks

20. Re: cruise for 16 people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 11, 2014