We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for budget yet secluded hotel on Vieques

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for budget yet secluded hotel on Vieques

I fell in love with Eva Mer after reading reviews of it, although it's prett out of my budget. I'll be staying for about 5 days with my boyfriend in April 06..

our priorities are:

1. cheap (Under $100/night)

2. close to beach

3. small hotel, preferably b&b with good location

4. beautiful location

What would you suggest?

Ontario
Level Contributor
19 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for budget yet secluded hotel on Vieques

we just got back Saturday and stayed at the Crow's Nest. It's not on the beach but it's not that far away if you have a rental. Food was the best we had in all of PR and we toured both PR and Vieques.

Middle Island, Long...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for budget yet secluded hotel on Vieques

We just got back from 15 days in P.R. 5 days in Vieques. We stayed at Casa De Amistad. Loved it! Super comfortable and clean. I think our room cost 80 bucks a night. Owen was an awesome host. So many pluses, beach chairs, coolers, coffee. The courtyard they have was so tranquil to me. I couldn't wait to get up in the morning before my husband and take a walk.No place is really " by the beach", cause there are soo many beaches to explore. Get a jeep. Oh, and this guest house has only 7 rooms. We stayed in room 2, the only one they had available at time of booking. It had 2 double beds.The sheets were very comfortable. About a2 minute walk will bring you right to where the ferry pulls in, and 5 minutes gets you to lighthouse. Cannot wait to go back!!!Good Luck!

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for budget yet secluded hotel on Vieques

Hey Sambuca,

Amistad looks really cute, can you tell me, is it on a main thoroughfare? Also, does the place feel small? The photos look nice

Is the "dipping pool" an actual pool, or just for dipping your feet?

Middle Island, Long...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for budget yet secluded hotel on Vieques

Hey! Amistad is not on a main thoroughfare.It is in the town,not the country.The guest house is not small.It just has that homey,comfortable feel. The first floor is open to all. Living room with t.v.,stereo,an art gallery room,kitchen,dining area. I had overheard Owen(owner) telling someone how he had a full house.I couldn't believe it, I only saw a handful of people in passing the whole time we were there.The pool is small,it is definately not a "swimming" pool, you could absolutely chill out in it. Let me tell you that there are so many beaches and wonderful, and exciting sites to see. After our long days we felt as if Amistad was our home away from home.Our bathroom did seem on the small side,room2. But our towels were soft,clean,and fluffy.Hope this helped.Have a great trip!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
245 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for budget yet secluded hotel on Vieques

I recommend Casa La Lanchita. We were just there last week. They are a small, but very nice, guesthouse with only 8 or 9 rooms, one of which (#2) rents for $90/night and a few others at $105. They are right on the beach, although it's just an OK beach, in Bravos de Boston (a suburb of Isabel Segunda). Town is walking distance, but it's uphill coming back -- no problem if you're young and in shape! (We're neither -- we rented a Jeep.) And your final requirement, it's in a very beautiful location. You can see Puerto Rico to your left as you look out your door, and you can watch the clouds cover El Yunque. Culebra is visible right out your door. I think their Web site is www.viequeslalanchita.com.

vieques Puerto rico
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for budget yet secluded hotel on Vieques

If you do not plan to have a rental car, or cannot find one available, then stay in Esperanza, where you really CAN walk to a beach you can swim at.

Alta vista is inexpensive and nice.

The three restaurant/bars: Bananas, Trade Winds and Bili all have decent rooms, the farther back from the front, the better.

Pablos is the most budget, yet very clean and nice owners.

Acacia Guesthouse guests all love it.

Hectors' by the Sea is a little more, but well worth it.

If you want budget and will rent a car stay in Isabel in either Amistad ( quiet sidestreet) or Sea Gate, on a hill with breezes.

more info on elenas-vieques.com