We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long term rentals on Vieques

Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
Save Topic
Long term rentals on Vieques

What is the best route to find a long term house rental. Looking to rent for 1-3 years. All I can find are vacation rentals. Also what would I expect to pay monthly for a 2 or 3 bedroom home that is not a luxury home.

DC
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Long term rentals on Vieques

Check the classified section of Vieques Events...there are quite a few long-term rentals listed:

www.viequesevents.net/pdf/ve0711-clas.pdf

Also contact local realtors. They might be able to help.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long term rentals on Vieques

thats a good suggestion. i would also call Island Real Estate.

i think though that word of mouth might be the best way to find a very affordable rental that will span years. 1-3 is very vague though. and you should expect to sign a lease and leave a deposit.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Long term rentals on Vieques

frankipoo,

Sorry to be so vague, I will be relocating for a period of 1 year to 3 years depending on how we like the life stye (wife and daughter). It could even turn out to be a permanent move to where we purchase a home to live full time.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long term rentals on Vieques

I would check www.clasificadosonline.com

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long term rentals on Vieques

clasificadosonline is a great suggestion as well.

i think thought hat you might not start out looking for a 1 to 3 year rental. you might be better off finding an affordable 6 month rental. once you are there you will meet people and be able to search for a better rental through the network you set up. unless you find a great one right away.

i think the vieques-events the clasificadosonline.com and the local real estate agents are the way to go initially if you dont have luck any other way

6. Re: Long term rentals on Vieques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 08, 2012