We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hix Island or Evamer

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
--
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hix Island or Evamer

Hi everyone,

Just looking for opinions on these two places. I am aware of the difference is styles just in question on which is rating the best in your opinions for service, cleanliness and beauty. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Philadelphia, PA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hix Island or Evamer

I stayed at Evamer but visited Hix House while we were there. Major difference to me was Hix House is landlocked Evamer is right on the water. The views from Evamer are fantastic and you have your own beach. Hix house is in the trees, very lush with birds singing and very calming. Evamer had nice amenities for staying on a fairly rustic island. Hix House is all concrete although we did not enter just drove on the property. It was the blue waters and the sound of the ocean lulling you to sleep that sold me on Evamer.

Fort Myers, FL
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hix Island or Evamer

Just came back from a week in Vieques, a destination wedding. We stayed at EvaMer, but the wedding and most of the functions pre-wedding were held at Hix, as the family of the bride had rented the entire complex. I've seen every room at Hix house. I thought Hix, while interesting designwise, was very cold and hard, with no color or softness to it. EvaMer was pretty much the opposite - lush landscaping, tropical colors, and the best view of the Atlantic. Note: if you do go with EvaMer, make sure your room is closer to the ocean, as opposed to the back of the complex. It can get pretty noisy. Also, I think EvaMer is about half the price of Hix...for my money I'd rather have comfort - if I want to live in "good design" I'll go to the Guggenheim for the day.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hix Island or Evamer

try the forum at

www.isla-vieques.com

good luck,

doda

florida
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hix Island or Evamer

island lush...on the water...puppy dogs and the ocean lapping at the foot of the property....no contest....evamer!!!