We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Puerto Rico in February

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
First trip to Puerto Rico in February

I am planning a short getaway with my husband from the 13th to the 18th of February to Puerto Rico. We are primarily interested in relaxing, but would also like to snorkel and do a little bit of shopping. From the posts, it seems that the rainforest is a must see. I am not sure which part of the island we should stay, and also which hotel to stay at. We are looking for a four or five star property. Any suggestions, I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Level Contributor
1,109 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to Puerto Rico in February

I would look at the El Conquistador. They have a private beach which is actually a private island. They have ferrys that take you from the hotel to the beach that run all day. There is great snorkeling and beach there. You will also be close to the rainforest and many sailing and snorkeling charters in Fajardo. Don't miss the biobay in Fajardo when you go.

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to Puerto Rico in February

By-pass Fajardo Bio-Bay and visit Vieques Bio-Bay far more brilliant than Fajardo Bio-Bay.

Level Contributor
1,109 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to Puerto Rico in February

TRUE Ricky but for people who can not or do not want to travel to Vieques, the Fajardo biobay is actually quite awesome and should not be overlooked.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
499 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip to Puerto Rico in February

We just returned from the El Conquistador. It was fabulous! Gorgeous property and personnel extremely friendly and helpful. We never had a bad meal there and our room was perfect. We stayed in the Las Brisas wing overlooking the marina. Great balcony, very nice room with sitting area, big dressing area with walkin closet, separate room for toilet and sunken tub. We are very seasoned travelers and were a bit skeptical after booking trip. You will read many negative comments on this site about the hotel, but we found none of them valid. You can walk to bio bay. Do not miss having a treatment at the Golden Door Spa. I suggest their Golden Door massage.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First trip to Puerto Rico in February

Thanks so much for your help. How far is the hotel from the airport and is it best to take a taxi?

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
499 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First trip to Puerto Rico in February

Transportation to the hotel is the only part that is less than thrilling. They have a huge bus that will transport you for $35 pp each way. We rented a car for and drove ourselves because we wanted the flexability of scheduling our own agenda. The drive with the bus takes about 90 minutes. Our drive took an hour. Lots of stop lights and traffic. Trip back much easier.

7. Re: First trip to Puerto Rico in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, January 02, 2006