We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House Hunters International in Vieques airs tonight - 5/20

Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
House Hunters International in Vieques airs tonight - 5/20

According to the HGTV website, the episode on Vieques will air tonight (5/20) at 11:00PM and 2:00AM eastern time.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House Hunters International in Vieques airs tonight - 5/20

just a few more minutes. it will be very interesting.

im recording it

Isla de Vieques...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: House Hunters International in Vieques airs tonight - 5/20

Just watched the show. Ha Ha. We rented the second house!!

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House Hunters International in Vieques airs tonight - 5/20

it was interesting. i always like seeing Vieques.

i thought it would show the construction and more.

but i guess its too short a show for all that.

overall, i thought it was good.

Virginia
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: House Hunters International in Vieques airs tonight - 5/20

Why is it only on at 11pm or 2am? Usually their International ones are on around 10pm here...

Need to see if it's on demand so I can see it. Did they show much of the island itself?

DC
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: House Hunters International in Vieques airs tonight - 5/20

The program was good. Gustavo Marin did an excellent job (he was our realtor when we bought our house). There were a few too many shots establishing that New York is a busy place to live (duh) but there were some nice shots of Vieques too--random beach shots, a good shot of La Chiva from Blue Beach and a nice shot of Isabel II from the water. The choice of houses didn't seem too great, but I guess $400K doesn't buy what it used to! The woman who bought the house was lovely and seemed to adore Vieques. Obviously she has good taste!

Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: House Hunters International in Vieques airs tonight - 5/20

They spent WAY too much time on her glamorous NYC life and none on the construction. She was picked up by the agent in front of the post office in town, and they kept showing the lighthouse and a bit of Sun Bay where the rocks and the seaweed are. Why do these agents keep showing people houses that are not what they want? She wanted a view of the water and they showed her a PRRA house. Does anyone know who did the construction? I thought they did a lot in 9 months.

DC
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: House Hunters International in Vieques airs tonight - 5/20

Hey, we live in La PRRA and have great ocean views!

Isla de Vieques...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: House Hunters International in Vieques airs tonight - 5/20

Hi SurfGuy,

My husband and I have a house in La Prra also. Well, the border of La Prra and Las Marias, but sad to say we don't have a view of the ocean. We do have a gorgeous view of the ocean from our piece of property in Villa Borinquen. One day we will build our dream house. (Sigh)

Gustavo was our real estate agent also. It was fun to see him on TV.

Hey is it just me? I could only find the listing of the episode when I google it. When I do a search on HGTV.com, Vieques can't be found.

Caroline

Edited: 7:56 pm, May 21, 2010
Wayland...
Level Contributor
490 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: House Hunters International in Vieques airs tonight - 5/20

If you missed the 5/20 episode (like I did), the HGTV website (http://bit.ly/99Rxls) shows it rebroadcasting on 7/1 - twice. I'm looking for on-demand episodes as well, but so far haven't turned up anything.

Wayland...
Level Contributor
490 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: House Hunters International in Vieques airs tonight - 5/20

I finally saw this episode and I agree with some of the criticisms - like that the focus was on the glamorous life of a Swedish model living in NYC as opposed to the unique qualities of Vieques. On the other hand, it's fairly typical of this series, where most of the video emphasizes the walk-through of the properties and the decision-making process of the purchaser. I appreciated the fact that 3 different neighborhoods were represented, and I'm suddenly longing to be in the same position in the not-too-distant future!

Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques