We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooters in Vieques...Bottomline

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Scooters in Vieques...Bottomline

Hi all,

Will be in Vieques in February and have already reserved a scooter for me and my man for 3 days. He has experience driving a scooter with me riding on back on Jamaica's crazy roads so I felt confident that he could handle the Vieques roads.

I just want to hear your opinions on using a scooter in Vieques. We can cope with having to walk it through bumpy areas near the beaches but is it feasible for driving around the island to get near the beaches?

Thanks! :-)

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooters in Vieques...Bottomline

It shouldnt be a problem; all the best beaches in Vieques can be accessed by roads. Blue beach and Red beach which are the better beaches on the island are located inside the old navy base so youll have to drive on dirt roads but nothing too hectic a scooter couldnt handle. Just make sure you have directions to get to the beaches. They arent difficult to get to but since it will be your first time driving in vieques it would be good to have an idea of where to head to.

Have fun =)