We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beachfront place to stay?

Bay Area, CA
Level Contributor
138 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best beachfront place to stay?

Hello All,

I have come across the beautiful island of Vieques, and would love some recommendations of beachfront properties to stay under $300 a night. I am very open to B&Bs or Inns, cottages, etc. Your help would be really appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Kirsten

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beachfront place to stay?

A great deal of the beauty of Vieques arises from the fact that the most beautiful Carribean beaches, those managed by fish and wildlife, have no buildings on or near them. That said, there are numerous places to stay that are on the water, but not necessarily where you can swim. I have stayed twice at Bravos by the Sea, which is wonderful ( Bravosbythesea.com) and is just like its website indicates.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,327 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beachfront place to stay?

Agree with the above. There are many beaches that are a short drive. Personally I like to be up on a hill with a view of the ocean and the breezes that go with it.

Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beachfront place to stay?

My husband and I stayed at Casa Lalanchita and were completely amazed at the view from our balcony. The whole Atlantic Ocean was there, with wonderful views of Puerto Rico and Culebra, and St. Croix on a clear day. We fell asleep to the sound of the surf each night. Amazing. Each room has a view of the ocean, all rooms are in your price range.

Lancaster County, PA
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beachfront place to stay?

I agree with the previous posting about Casa LaLanchita - you can't get any closer to the ocean unless you were sleeping on a boat! Even their best rooms are under $200/night! They have 12 rooms that are actually efficiencies - two rooms with a kitchenette. Rooms 10, 11 and 12 were just completed in December. We stayed in room 10 in Februray and it was great! It's a very casual place - no maid service, but access to all the towels and other items that you need, including a washer and dryer. There is a small beach there and a good reef is in front of the inn. When we go back, I will stay there again! The owners are very nice and help you with anything you need. One other thing you can't beat is the fact that they provide jeeps/SUVs - I believe they have one for every room - so convenient! You do need the car to go to the best beaches on the Carbbean side - but Casa LaLanchita is a wonderful place to come back to after a day at the beach!

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beachfront place to stay?

i too, agree about casa la lanchita

and its on a beach with good snorkeling if the surf is calm enough to get to out to the reef. if not, the beach there is small and quiet.

San Diego
Level Contributor
85 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beachfront place to stay?

Evamer - check out the reviews. Beautiful beach with great snorkeling right out front. I've been there 4 times, and am planning my next trip back.

West Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beachfront place to stay?

I'll be staying at Evamer from May 7-14th and will definitely report back. $1500 for a week so that seems to fit into your budget.

New York
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beachfront place to stay?

I think Hector's By the Sea also fits the bill. http://www.hectorsbythesea.com/gallery.html

9. Re: Best beachfront place to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, October 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques