We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Underwater Caves

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
213 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Underwater Caves

Well, it's official...we've booked our first trip to Vieques in the end of January 2009. Thanks to all of you where so helpful in answering all of our questions. It made planning our trip so much easier.

Now, onto my question. We recently spoke with a friend who was telling us about a beach with underwater caves that could be explored. They think it was Navio Beach. Was their memory correct? Are there any other beaches with underground caves that can be explored? Can you explore these caves just by swimming or snorkeling?

Thanks again!

Vieques
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Underwater Caves

There are some pretty recesses above the water line on the left side of the beach that are referred to enthusiastically as caves. Not underwater caves, though there is a blow hole way over on the right, There are some underwater coral arches that can be swum under by very experienced strong snorkelers at a remote secret site far from Navio.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
213 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Underwater Caves

Thanks Viequessiren! You were one of the key people I wanted to thank! Many of your replies to my posts as well as posts to others really helped us make the decision to come to Vieques.

Vieques
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Underwater Caves

Your welcome!

4. Re: Underwater Caves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 07, 2009