We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I've been trying to reach Island Adventures for nearly 2 wks

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
I've been trying to reach Island Adventures for nearly 2 wks

I've sent 2 emails and left 3 voice mails at the # listed on this website: http://www.biobay.com/

787-741-0720

Are they open year round, or closed during low season? I've been told by some folks that I should make reservations now for a late Dec Biobay tour, do you agree? If they are open, do they have other contact numbers?

Thanks, alashas

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I've been trying to reach Island Adventures for nearly 2 wks

I booked a reservation with them via phone at that number two weeks ago. It's for a date a week from now, so I don't think you need to worry about a Dec. reservation for a few months. They were prompt in returning my call, but it is low season (good time for them to go on vacation) and I don't think they operate when the moon is full, so there could be a few reasons they haven't returned you call.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
928 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I've been trying to reach Island Adventures for nearly 2 wks

We went out with them on Aug.1, which was a moonless night. You might attempt to contact their restaurant.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I've been trying to reach Island Adventures for nearly 2 wks

Thanks, Scubagirl,

Do you recall the name of their restaurant? I must be overlooking it on their website.

And, how was Biobay?

Sincerely, alashas

Tennessee
Level Contributor
928 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I've been trying to reach Island Adventures for nearly 2 wks

I just thought the name was Island Adventures. Maybe someone else can chime in here. The biobay (our second time) was totally magic and not to be missed. We went our last night there and was a fantastic ending to our fantastic week on Vieques.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I've been trying to reach Island Adventures for nearly 2 wks

Hi alashas!

It is called Island Adventures Restaurant

(787)741-2544 5:30-11:00pm.

Good Luck and

Enjoy Vieques and its people!!

Humberto

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I've been trying to reach Island Adventures for nearly 2 wks

It only makes sense that the Bio Bay experience would be much better with no moon. When (during the lunar calendar) would be the best time to go? Is it any time when almost no moon is visible or do you want a very small bit of moon visible?

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,760 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I've been trying to reach Island Adventures for nearly 2 wks

Elliot-

You want to make sure there is a little light in the sky as possible. So if there is no or very little moon light, it is better.

I looked at the phase of the moon and its rise time and made this viewing schedule calender:

www.puertoricodaytrips.com/biobay-and-moon/

Hope it helps.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I've been trying to reach Island Adventures for nearly 2 wks

Thanks, everyone, I got an email from Island Adventures today and called Denise at their office. 8 of us are now booked for their pontoon boat tour in late Dec, under a "great night" according to their calendar: www.biobay.com/cd/webhtml/moonwatch.htm waHOOwah! alashas http://honeymoon2.smugmug.com/

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I've been trying to reach Island Adventures for nearly 2 wks

Flowerfarm, Thanks for the great link! We will be there from Jan 22nd through the 29th...we couldn't have picked a better time! Thanks again!

10. Re: I've been trying to reach Island Adventures for nearly 2 wks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques