We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi availability & cost

Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi availability & cost

My husband and I are traveling to Vieques in mid-June. We are arriving via Vieques Airlink and we were wondering on the availability of a taxi, or other form of transportation, to get us to Maritza's to pick up our rental vehicle? How far is it to Maritza's from the airport? How much $$$ should we expect to pay for the taxi?

VIEQUES
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi availability & cost

There are no taxis here...Even the very nice people who run the "Vieques Taxi" service are not really such.

What we have are "Publicos" which are licensed by the government, but independently owned and operated.

The distance from the airport to Maritza's is about three miles. I would think the fare should be less than five dollars per person... Ask your driver before you embark.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
936 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi availability & cost

Have you checked to see if Maritza's will pick you up at the airport?

3. Re: Taxi availability & cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 27, 2009