We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room with a View in Esperanza, and Kitchen, and ...

Providence, Rhode...
6 posts
Save Topic
Room with a View in Esperanza, and Kitchen, and ...

Planning a honeymoon in Vieques for Oct.

We would like to find a place less than $150 a night, has a kitchen (I am a chef and love to cook with local ingredients), and quiet (in regards to the sounds of civilization, not wildlife).

We are leaning more towards Esperanza, although we are open to suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Isla de Vieques
Isla de Vieques
Puerto Rico
Esperanza Inn
Esperanza Inn
312 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Upstate NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Room with a View in Esperanza, and Kitchen, and ...

We stayed here in December and it was great! http://www.casavioleta.com/

Nice kitchen, neighborhood was quiet, except for roosters! They also have a car you can rent for cheep!

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Room with a View in Esperanza, and Kitchen, and ...

Also ~

I dont see the rates on the website, but we paid about 800ish for the week - a great deal!!!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
943 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room with a View in Esperanza, and Kitchen, and ...

We are renting El Coco Terro for a week in July. It looks very nice and the price is $550 a week.

Seattle
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Room with a View in Esperanza, and Kitchen, and ...

Hey chow1,

Try vrbo.com or enchanted-isle.com & check the vacay rental by owner section. So many beautiful places listed, & since they are condos, villas & such, they all have kitchens & kitchenware, etc. Just look around & I'm sure you'll find something that fits the bill for a honeymoon. There are places like Casa Ladera & so many others that we considered I cannot even tell you. Just look at all accommodations on the enchanted isle site, because some of the coolest places are listed under the different sections- guest house or villa, some are vrbo. Have fun looking! We'll be spending our 5yr anniversary on Vieques in Mid-April & I, too am in the food business. It's nice to have the ability (err...time & great fortune) to feed our passion in this way. Support the locals & shop the supermarkets, grocers & the controversial fruit & veggie guy. (We chose Hector's by the Sea this time,so beautiful & we are excited- alas, no kitchen for you... I will be looking to support the locals this trip by eating out!!!)

If you are really looking for "quiet"- some people are drawn to the hills- great views & peaceful. But as has been said many times, no one place is the best for everyone. Have fun finding yours. Look around.

Good luck & Congratulations!!!

Mentioned in this post
Isla de Vieques
Isla de Vieques
Puerto Rico
Hector's by the Sea
Hector's by the Sea
264 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Vieques
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Room with a View in Esperanza, and Kitchen, and ...

Views, and quiet, in Esperanza are hard to come by. The reason to stay in Esperanza is because you can walk to the restaurants and bars and don't need a car for the whole week.But it is on flat ground behind the strip and houses are close together and there are lots of dogs, roosters and traffic. If you are going cook, that is a non issue, Find somewhere in the hills or Bravos de Boston. Your price range can get you something very nice.

Mentioned in this post
Esperanza Inn
Esperanza Inn
312 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Vieques
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Room with a View in Esperanza, and Kitchen, and ...

In response to my own reply, look at ACACIA guesthouse, great views and apartments with kitchens, in Esperanza. It gets excellent reviews. Be advised Oct. is Hurricane season and though you are unlikely to experience a storm understand that low pressure areas, "tropical waves" etc CAN cause a lot of overcast, rainy days. In Sept. many restaurants and guesthouses close and everyone goes on vacation. This can also be true in October.

Mentioned in this post
Acacia Guesthouse
Acacia Guesthouse
111 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Esperanza Inn
Esperanza Inn
312 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Room with a View in Esperanza, and Kitchen, and ...

For a little more money, Hix Island House is in the middle of the island and the rooms have kitchens. We stayed there last week and thought it was great though you can't be scared of nature. It's very remote and quiet, unlike friends' places in Esperanza and Isabel II where neighbors and chickens woke them early.

Mentioned in this post
Hix Island House
Hix Island House
363 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Esperanza Inn
Esperanza Inn
312 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Providence, Rhode...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Room with a View in Esperanza, and Kitchen, and ...

Thanks to everyone for the input. I think that we have decided that since we are renting a jeep during our stay, we will find a place on the north side. This area seems more secluded and quiet.

Anyone have any comments on Ababor Suites?

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Room with a View in Esperanza, and Kitchen, and ...

Look into Bravos by the Sea oceanfront villas. http://bravosbythesea.com/ We were there last week. The Culebra villa is exactly like shown on the website. The views are breathtaking. The villa is very private. The pool is fantastic.

Mentioned in this post
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
DC
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Room with a View in Esperanza, and Kitchen, and ...

Try Casa Dos Chivos, up in the hills. It's beautiful and has great views...also, the price is right!

www.enchanted-isle.com/byowner/doschivos.htm

Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques