We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't stay at lionheart villa!!!

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
1 post
Save Topic
Don't stay at lionheart villa!!!

There were mice everywhere, the house was disgusting and with the mice came mice droppings, it was such a hassle.

This was our second time staying at vieques and it was a disaster, instead of being able to enjoy the nice climate and beaches we were trying to get rid of mice.

One of the big factors that made us want to stay at lionheart villa was the fact that it had a pool...oh wait the pool "had a leak" while we were there!!!!

The caretaker of the house said it would be fixed within a day but nope he was way off, it took the whole week. And in order to fill the pool back up since it had lost a ton of water, they shut off the water for showers and cleaning in general. And that was just one of the many problems we had.

The house was a pigsty, on their website, the pictures let the house look very serene and clean, but since they took those pictures furniture has been moved around. Way around, and everything is dilapidated. Back to the pool for a second, they say they have a outdoor shower but the only way anybody is going in that thing is if they have a radioactive suit on. Also by the pool is the "pool side bar", what a nice name, but that is all it is, a name it is also dilapidated.

What a dump!!!

P.s. We ran out of water, lost power, and never had an internet connection, even though they gave us a lynksis box.

Everyday was a heart ache and a hassle, we were grateful to leave.

The lionheart owners should be ashamed of themselves!!!

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Don't stay at lionheart villa!!!

It is perfectly fine to write a complaint at the forum and not necessarily make it into a review or write a review. I'd do both if I had such a horrible experience. I've seen plenty of people that post after their trip telling the forum their experiences. Actually, the forum post gets pushed back in time, were as a review stays more accesible. This forum is to get the truth and feedback, good and bad. Thet comment was totally appropriate and I doubt someone would write it if it was not true. As someone said, I distrust more the sugary all-is-perfect ones.

upper marlboro, md
Level Contributor
493 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Don't stay at lionheart villa!!!

I don't necessarily think that sugary reviews are false or by the owner or someone connected to the place. I wrote a truly sugary, splendid review of a house I rented in Orlando. I did a lot of research and talked to the owner and looked at pictures. I was worried at first because this place was hardly rented in the two years that it existed, but I took a chance. The problem was that there are so many houses to rent in Orlando and also a lot of horror stories. Anyway, it was a great house and I wrote a great review on the Orlando site. Forunately for the owners but unfortunately for me, the house is now rented until 2009. I could not get it for 2007 or 2008. Now I have to search all over again.

13. Re: Don't stay at lionheart villa!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, September 17, 2009