We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water temps in March, etc..

Lafayette, In
Level Contributor
193 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Water temps in March, etc..

Hello Everyone,

I have done alot of research but I can't get an idea of what the water temps will be the last week of March. We plan to do alot of snorkeling and I'm not sure what the water will be like, this is our first trip to the caribbean.

Also if the water is cooler will there be fewer encounters with jellyfish? How about encounters with other spring breakers, what type of visitors will there be?

Thanks for any responses.

VIEQUES
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water temps in March, etc..

Water temps should right around 80 degrees. If you go to the tropical weather page of www.weatherunderground.com you'll see a graphic of sea surface temps worldwide.

Jellyfish season is September through November. You probably won't even see one.

This is NOT a typical spring breaker destination. Any you encounter will likely be backpacker/nature types. There will still be many tourists on Island...Just like yourself. Laidback, curious, looking for something different.

Lafayette, In
Level Contributor
193 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water temps in March, etc..

Thanks VQSJIM,

Appreciate the answers, sounds great. Looking forward to the trip and getting a taste of the local culture.

Mpls Traveln with 5
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Water temps in March, etc..

We traveled to Vieques in the late March 07 absolutely gorgeous. I'm had not snorkeled much before going but was doing it for hours everyday with each of my kids 11, 9, and 7. The water was perfect. You'll have a blast. It is soo beautiful and all accessible from the beach by a very short swim.

Lafayette, In
Level Contributor
193 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water temps in March, etc..

That is our plan too, snorkeling as much as possible. Vieques unspoiled beaches seem almost too good to be true. Wherever we travel we try to enjoy and respect mother nature as much as possible. Who needs expensive tourist traps when there is so much to discover for free. Thanks for the confirmation.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Water temps in March, etc..

Oh Vieques is far from "free" I think this is a mis conception so many people have when they travel to Vieques, that it is "cheap". We all must pay a high price for paradise! A price that I can say I have no problems paying!!

6. Re: Water temps in March, etc..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 16, 2009