We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Loco Guesthouse

South Dakota
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Topic
Coco Loco Guesthouse

Can anyone tell me anything about Coco Loco guesthouse? I'm looking for accommodations for 2 adults with 2 adult (20, 23) children. I tried Ted's, but he's booked. I'm looking for somewhere to rest our heads, and within walking distance of restaurants and bars in Esperanza.. By the way -- Is that where I want to stay in Vieques? I know that the island is pretty laid back, and we're okay with that, but we love a local bar with friendly people and am wondering which side of the island to stay on.

By reading posts, it appears that a jeep rental is a must, but I don't want to drive at night after cocktailing..kind of have an aversion to that.

Any help would be appreciated.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
259 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco Loco Guesthouse

Check out Banana's. It sounds like what and where you want. We stayed there last year and I wrote a full review on this site. We're going back in March and will stay there again for sure.

Mechanicsburg...
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco Loco Guesthouse

Esperanza is definitely where you want to stay. You won't need a vehicle, and you can walk to many of the restaurants and bars on the Caribbean. There are plenty of little colmados, or family run markets, scattered throughout the village for your basic food and beer/wine/ice items.

However, as you probably have read, you'll need a car to visit all the Fish and Wildlife beaches, regardless of where you stay on Vieques.

We've been informed by people inquiring and staying with us, that not even one rental car is available between Christmas and beginning of February.

Bananas would be a good choice, walk out your cabin door and you walk into the bar area. Can't get much closer to the action than that.

If you are interested in a vehicle, we offer a Jeep with our property, which is also in Esperanza, about one block to the Caribbean. www.puravidavieques.com

When do you plan on visiting?

Good luck in your travels and planning.

3. Re: Coco Loco Guesthouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 13, 2009