We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bravo Beach Hotel vs Inn on th Blue Horizon

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
119 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bravo Beach Hotel vs Inn on th Blue Horizon

My husband and i are going to Vieques for a week the beginning of December. we're trying to decide between the two hotels. Any recommendations?

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bravo Beach Hotel vs Inn on th Blue Horizon

Hello jeckel13 !! Both are very good choices., In my opinion Inn on the Blue Horizon has a better offer because of the restaurant and bar on premises, also you are closer to Esperanza Village and closer to great beaches. Esperanza has a strip that you find good places to eat and do some shopping. IOBH is very close to Island Adventures in case you want to have the Bio Bay experience wich is something you should not miss.

Enjoy Vieques and its people!!

Humberto

Chicago
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bravo Beach Hotel vs Inn on th Blue Horizon

Well I will disagree with the above post just a bit......BBH has a great restaurant and lounge and on top of it they are located right near downtown Isabel Segunda. Downtown Isabel Segunda is the place to be! All the best restaurants as well as some great night life are to be found here. Never the less you can get to all the great beaches from where ever you stay in a very short time.

Enjoy your time on Vieques, you are going to LOVE it!!

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
167 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bravo Beach Hotel vs Inn on th Blue Horizon

I'd say go with the Inn on the Blue Horizon. We were just in Vieques on 8/7 and the Inn on the Blue Horizon was awesome. The food is killer and the rooms are nice. We went and checked out the lunge @ BBH twice, but it was empty both times. I just thought the Inn on the Blue Horizon was much nicer and our stay there was great. Try the lamb chops!

Highlands, NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bravo Beach Hotel vs Inn on th Blue Horizon

You might also consider Hector's by the Sea. It is next door to Inn on Blue, so you have access to The Inn's bar and restaurant if you want. It is lovely and quieter that the Inn. I have stayed at both. BBH is in town and can be noisy (dogs, roosters, ec.) Hector's has coqui frogs. All three are nice choices. You do have to rent an all wheel drive to get to beaches and dining in Esperanza or Isabel II.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bravo Beach Hotel vs Inn on th Blue Horizon

I hear there's a new place right in Esperanza. Bravo and Blue are very nice, but kind of removed from the activity, but this new place (Vieques Passion or something like that) is very close to restaurants, stores, tours, and taxis. I hear they have balcony patios overlooking the Caribbean, and you can walk right across the street onto the beach.

6. Re: Bravo Beach Hotel vs Inn on th Blue Horizon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 08, 2009