We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Google Earth Update

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
VIEQUES
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Topic
Google Earth Update

Google Earth has updated the satellite view of Vieques. It gives a much more clear view of the Island and has much greater resoulution. Down to an equivalent of 2000 feet. Much less cloud cover too. There are still some inaccuracies in place names, but much improved over all...I have marked the site of the old OP1...Keep looking to the east and you can easily find the old target area still pocked mocked with bomb craters. And I swear I can see Jack on Red Beach with a Medalla in one hand.

Regards,

Jim

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Google Earth Update

Hi VQSJIM!! Can you give me more info. on how to reach this satellite view on Vieques on Google Earth? I am breaking my head trying to., w/out results..

Is there a specific instruction that I have to do? Once I enter Google Earth, what do I look for?

Any advise will be apreciated.

Regards,

HOC

VIEQUES
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Google Earth Update

Hi Isla Nena...Do you have Google Earth Downloaded on your computer...Sorry to ask a basic question but we have to start somewhere!

Regards,

Jim

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Google Earth Update

Hi Jim ! yes, It is downloaded., so whats next ? I hope I can see Jack now with his cold Medalla but not in Red but in Blue Beach..

Regards,

HOC

VIEQUES
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Google Earth Update

Isla Nena, with Google Earth open look at the upper left corner of your screen, under search click on "fly to" then in the blank search box type vieques, pr then click on the little magnifying glass just to the right of the search box and it will take you to the satellite view of Vieques. Then in the upper right corner of the view use the scroll tools to move the view east, west, north or south and to zoom in closer or zoom out. Hope you spot Jack.

Regards,

Jim

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Google Earth Update

Thanks a lot Jim...

Regards,

HOC

6. Re: Google Earth Update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques