We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CT
4 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants

So, everybody has there own opinion. But if anybody wants to share, what were your favorites? I have read Bili's and Tradewinds get good reviews. How about Uva? Also, I have seen many names of places at the inn at Blue Horizon. Is it Michaels, or Carambola? And blue moon bar and grill or Blue bar? Any info is great!

DC
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

Uva is excellent, so is M Bar and Cafe Media Luna. All three are in Isabel. The Crows Nest Steakhouse (mid-island) is wonderful. Haven't been to Carambola at the Inn on the Blue Horizon, though I went to the Blue Macaw (its past incarnation) a few times and loved the setting.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
245 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

Tradewinds was our favorite in Esperanza. In Isabel Segunda, Media Luna is excellent, but also try Taverna Espanol -- not fancy but good food. Island Steakhouse was fantastic, but sit downstairs, not upstairs -- no reservation needed downstairs.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Hello ctdad !!! Island Steakhose at The Crow's Nest is one of my favorites and they have other food selections in the menu ., also on tuesdays they offer all you can eat southern BBQ fest with a fix price ( $23.00 p/p ) with cash bar. The restaurant name at IOBH is Carambola., pricey but good food and beautiful setting. M-Bar in Isabel Segunda is very good and for a taste of excellent local food Richard's Cafe and Topacio both in Isabel. Uva is good but I find it extremely pricey, Bili is very good too and you can check their menu at www.enchanted- isle.com Vieques Events under Periodicals. Lunch at Bananas, Bili or food vendors at Esperanza is recommended. Great burgers? Bananas and Duffy's at Esperanza. Hope this can help and Bon Appetite my friend !!!

Enjoy Vieques and its people !!!

HOC

4. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:47 pm, July 29, 2013
Hadley...
Level Contributor
813 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Hi Ctdad,

Bili is our favorite. In Isabel Segunda, our best meal was at Topacio. We ate once at Media Luna, and the 2 tapas dishes we had for $14.00 were tiny. Not good in my opinion, even in NYC you woud get a better value that that. The pizza was a much better deal.

Lunch at BBH was very good, and so was the tapas dinner, but the dinner was very pricey. If you feel in the mood for pizza, the shop behind Scoops is really good.

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
72 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

We had a great dinner at Mammasonga in I2, which changed hands less than two months ago. Moderately placed and super tasty. Brunch was a bit of a mess though, food-wise and service-wise - still finding their legs, I guess. The open bar/greasy good places on Esperanza are reliably decent. Panaderias too for simple good sandwiches. Taverna Espanol, I would not go back to unless for a drink. I live in a Hispanic neighborhood and have eaten a lot of Puerto Rican food, and the stuff they served was miserable. I was also really disappointed by the overpriced utterly mediocre to bad restaurants in I2, but then you don't go to these wonderful islands for the food anyway.

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
72 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

I meant moderately priced, not placed, duh. Williams Pizza was really good too.

8. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, August 26, 2009