We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone book a flight with Isla Nena?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone book a flight with Isla Nena?

I booked a flight from Fajardo to Vieques with Isla Nena and they were really nice, but I only got a confirmation Number via phone, they said I just need to come in and sign? I figure it must be a small airport ..but with security theses days and no boarding pass upon entering? Anyone familiar with this let me know! Thanks!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,288 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone book a flight with Isla Nena?

I have used VAL similar. 2 engine prop that seats maybe 8 people. Airport does not have any gates. You walk out to your plane. They will weight you and then give you a seat at boarding. They need to balance the aircraft. It is very small and casual. There is a strict lugagge limit, with a surcharge for going over, that is if there is enough room to fit it. When did this, they took off a stack of garden hoses to fit our extra bag.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone book a flight with Isla Nena?

This will be absolutely nothing like going in an airport anywhere else in the world today post-9/11. You literally can just walk right in to the airport with all your stuff, write your name on a blank piece of paper with how much you weigh and they send you when they have a plane. There is a flight out every 30mins or so and they send you out in order of arrival.

Now if you have a reservation then you get to cut in line, but you still dont have to do anything with boarding passes or anything at all like that. Nothing to worry about, if something, I can assure you that this airport experience wont be like any other youve ever had before... its actually kind of fun!

-Ricky

3. Re: Anyone book a flight with Isla Nena?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques