We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to stay at Westin Rio Mar: need some info

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Planning to stay at Westin Rio Mar: need some info

I've read all the reviews about the Westin Rio Mar and some of them made me really nervous. Is it really that secluded that I need to rent a car to get anywhere? Does anyone know how much it is to rent a car per day? What about buying groceries or food outside of the resort? Any suggestions on where to go? How are the tours that the hotel provides, to El Yunque and Old San Juan. I'm definitely interested in booking some tours for snorkelling, El Yunque & Old San Juan. Is it best to book through the hotel or a tour agency? I'd appreciate any information anyone has on Westin Rio Mar since this will be my first visit there. Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Planning to stay at Westin Rio Mar: need some info

the only promblem we had with CHARLIE'S was they are not located at the airport, which made picking up and returning the car a bit of a hassle. right now ALAMO is offering the lowest rate of car rental places located at THE SAN JUAN AIRPORT. the rental places at the airport i believe are:

ALAMO

NATIONAL

HERTZ

BUDGET and,

ADVANTAGE

what we usally do before we make a res is to go to travelocity.com and do a search for car rental rates. this site will put together a list sorted by price. then we go to the website that offers the lowest rate and book directly with them. hope this helps!!

good luck,

doda

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Planning to stay at Westin Rio Mar: need some info

CORRECTION:

last car rental place is AVIS not ADVANTAGE!

also, if you want to keep your budget down, and have a more unique honeymoon you might want to concider changing your res from THE WESTIN to THE FAJARDO INN. the FAJARDO INN is not a resort , but a beautiful more romantic inn. they have a very nice honeymoon suite, at a more reasonable rate. plus you do not have to pay for parking here. they also have 2 good rest's and 2 great pools. although this inn is not on the beach, we did not mind as we spent our days on days trips visting CULEBRA, VIEQUES, and on a snorkeling trip with EAST ISLAND EXCURSIONS.. i also suggest spending several nights lodging in the rain forest. there are some truely unique, and stunnigly beautiful places to stay there at very affordable rates. also no parking fees. very very romantic. do not forget to include a trip to one of PUERTO RICO'S bio-bays. this is an absolute must/do see experience. we spent 4 nites in FARJARDO last year and it was one of our best vacations we've had in PUERTO RICO, AND WE'VE HAD LOT OF THEM. i'd be more than glad to send you our intinery for that trip if you'd like:

msdoda@sbcglobal.net

for more info on FAJARDO INN and rain forest lodging visit:

www.fajardoinn.com

www.elyunque.com

www.villasevilla.net

good lck,

doda

Mentioned in this post
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico