We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport to El Yunque

Mansfield, Ct
1 post
Save Topic
transport to El Yunque

Hello, does anyone know of a charter service between San Juan or Fajardo and El Yunque? I know there are tours, but I am interested in walking around on our own without renting a car. Or, is this infeasible? Would you need a car inside the park?

PA
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: transport to El Yunque

Just got back.....will post report later.

We had a tour yesterday with a man named Julian 787-385-7604.....very pleasant and very knowledgable. He did an excellent job. I think you would miss a lot doing it on your own. He pointed out all the flora and fauna, stopping whenever he found anything of note. He took us to the highlights and left us walk around there....and would have left us do any hikes we wanted to do. Highly recommend him.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport to El Yunque

You need to rent a car or go on a tour. You can not walk from one point to the next, because there are no sidewalks on Road 191.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport to El Yunque

I hear good things about Julian, but my choice would be John at Johnspublico@yahoo.com

if you send him an email, mention that I sent you

thanks

fs

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport to El Yunque

Publicos are not allowed to drive up the Rainforest

PA
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: transport to El Yunque

If I understood them correctly, the independent publicos are not allowed to drive into the Rain forest. Those that are in the association are licensed and insured to do so.

6. Re: transport to El Yunque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 06, 2011