We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yunke Zipline Adventure

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
Yunke Zipline Adventure

I went on the Yunke Zipline Adventure with my two children (teen and pre-teen) and we had a great time. The ziplines are set up in the foothills of the rainforest. You meet at a basehouse and there is a short hike up to the ziplines. Along the hike there are great views across the rainforest and out to the ocean. The ziplines require a bit of rigorous activity in terms of climbing up to the platforms and rapelling down. The series of ziplines carried you down through the forest and the last zipline, in particular, was an awesome experience with great views all around. The guides were fantastic. They had extraordinary knowledge of the rainforest and we learned a lot about various plants and unique species within the rainforest. They were able to identify various birds by sound and to provide elaborate detail concerning each species. They also pointed out some endangered species along the way and we were able to actually come in close contact with the Puerto Rican boa (with no risk of exposure however). It was an amazing experience. I would highly recommend it to anyone over 10 who is in decent or better physical condition.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yunke Zipline Adventure

That's a nice review and it sounds like you had a great time.

If anyone is looking for contact info for Yunke Zipline, you can take a look at www.puertoricodaytrips.com/yunke-zipline/ for more info and our review of the trip.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yunke Zipline Adventure

I heard this was for 10 and up. I have a 9 year old. Any advice on how strict the age limit is or where else we could go? Thanks

Guaynabo, Puerto...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yunke Zipline Adventure

There website does state minimum age is 10

you can call them 787-242-3368 (from their website http://yunkezipline.wordpress.com/ )

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
225 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yunke Zipline Adventure

I also have a 9 year old and we called the Yunke Zipline people. Only the Utuado area will take the 7 yrs. and up age bracket. So no go for us on the Yunke :-(

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
225 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yunke Zipline Adventure

I also have a 9 year old and we called the Yunke Zipline people. Only the Utuado area will take the 7 yrs. and up age bracket. So no go for us on the Yunke :-(

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,821 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yunke Zipline Adventure

La Marquesa Canopy tour will also take 9 year olds.

They are in Guaynabo. All zip lines.

7. Re: Yunke Zipline Adventure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 04, 2010