We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What kind of souvenir can I bring from Puerto Rico?

Montreal
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What kind of souvenir can I bring from Puerto Rico?

Is there something special, or good deal on something out there? (COFFEE, JEWEL, ARTS)?

Thank you

Rio Grande, Puerto...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: What kind of souvenir can I bring from Puerto Rico?

I discovered a small group of artists that exhibit their work once a month (the last weekend, apparently) at the visitors center (El Portal) in El Yunque. Apparently these artists all have studios in and around the rain forest so their work is very representative of the area. One artist told me she only exhibits on the island there in the rain forest, as her other galleries are in the States. I have to say the artwork and craftwork I saw there far surpassed what I found at other locations around the island. I too went to Coqui International and found that most of the stuff there was either souvenires or stuff imported from Indonesia. The artwork I did see was dirty (as is the store) so I didn't want to chance taking it home with me. I got a wonderful little original oil by Monica Linville that was a beautiful representation of one of the waterfalls up in the park, and it was really inexpensive to boot!

IMHO

Janice C.

Montreal
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: What kind of souvenir can I bring from Puerto Rico?

I came back with some Bacardi Rhum, gold label, a couple of jewels from the airport and I didn't find anything else special, but I didn't have much time to shop.

23. Re: What kind of souvenir can I bring from Puerto Rico?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:22 am, October 09, 2009