We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luquillo Or Condado

Binghamton
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Topic
Luquillo Or Condado

We asre traveling in May to either Luquillo Condo rental at Azul 1 or Condado rental apartment. Can you tell me which is better? Pros and Cons? Appreciate your info.

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luquillo Or Condado

At Luquillo you are about 1 hour from San Juan, you will be outside the metropolitan area. In Condado you are in a tourist zone of San Juan, near the historic district and Isla Verde

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luquillo Or Condado

I'm not sure which Condado apartment you are considering but I do know that Playa Azul I is beachfront and has a spectacular view (by the way, I think Tower I has a much better ocean view than Towers II or III). The beach in Playa Azul is excellent and you are next door to the Luquillo public beach which is also excellent. Luquillo's beach tends to be calmer tha Condado's, which is prone to rough surf. The Playa Azul complex has a large swimming pool and basketball and tennis courts. In Luquillo you are very close to the Fajardo bio-bay and the rainforest. You are also very close to the Fajardo ferry service that could take you on a one-day visit to Flamenco Beach in Culebra.

Condado has a much better nightlife than Luquillo and many more restaurant options. And as was written above, you are basically in the city and closer to Old San Juan.

Should you choose to stay in Luquillo, and you have never being to Old San Juan, then I recommend that you plan at least a one-day visit to OSJ and do it on Saturday or Sunday so as to avoid rush hour traffic going into San Juan in the morning and out of San Juan after 4pm.

By the way, my guess is that a true beachfront rental in Condado would be significantly more expensive than a Playa Azul rental.

Enjoy Paradise!

3. Re: Luquillo Or Condado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:23 am, September 20, 2009