We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rincon Argentino, Ponce, PR

Which Ponce hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Rincon Argentino, Ponce, PR

Has anyone has gone there lately?

It changed owners last year and, although they seemed to be trying very hard a that time, it had changed. Compared to pleasant past visits over the years, service was poor, waitress forgot to give us a salad we had ordered, no tablecloths on outdoor tables, no holiday lights or soft music and the meal itself was poorly cooked and presented.

Just wondering if we should bother to go for dinner when we visit or skip it this year.

Bedford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rincon Argentino, Ponce, PR

You can read reviews here.

sal.pr/ponceargentina/rinconargentino.html

But they do not read well.

Tripadvisor has the same kind of reviews.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147323-d8…

In the past good, but no more.

USA
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rincon Argentino, Ponce, PR

Thanks for the information and the links.

That's too bad. I was hoping the new owner would have been able to bring it back to the way it was a few years ago.

USA
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rincon Argentino, Ponce, PR

Friends staying in Ponce now told me that the Rincon Argentino has closed. I asked if it had moved to another town location and changed its name (someone mentioned this in the restaurant reviews) and he said he did not hear about it moving elsewhere or changing the name.

4. Re: Rincon Argentino, Ponce, PR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 18, 2013