We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Dorado a safe place to vacation?

Which Dorado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ct
1 post
Save Topic
Is Dorado a safe place to vacation?

I am looking to possibly go to the Aquarius resort with my husband and small child. I wanted to know about crime and safety.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Dorado a safe place to vacation?

Dorado is a very safe community.

The Aquarius shares the grounds with the Embassy Suites.

The entire area that you are staying in, is gated and has a 24-hour guard on duty.

Enjoy Dorado!

Strasburg...
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Dorado a safe place to vacation?

Absolutely safe. As with anywhere you need to be aware of your surrounding but Aquarius is adjacent to the Embassy Suites and the complex is inside of a housing community that is gated as well. Beach is small but nice and the water calm. Not picture postcard but very good. Also at the entrance to the complex are 2 small strip shoppoing centers including some fast food chains, Walgreens, Grande supermarket, etc. Easy to walk to - although it will be warm. Only a couple of small restuarants in the area - my favorites are Alberto's (exit right out of the entance and then take the right turn when the main road bears left to the ocean) and La Terazza (exit right and stay left on the main road then immediately get on the service road - don't worry about the bar upstairs - order Mofongo). Also a small places called PeeWee's next to the McDonalds with decent (not spectacular ribs). Enjoy!!!!

(lived there 2x - first in the 80's in the complex where Aquarius is and then again in 2006).

3. Re: Is Dorado a safe place to vacation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 29, 2010