We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West coast for 2 women in their 60's, tour companies

Which Mayaguez hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington...
Level Contributor
146 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
West coast for 2 women in their 60's, tour companies

We are 2 friends in our 60's who would like to travel to the west coast of Puerto Rico for up to 2 weeks. We were considering not renting a car, and possibly finding some tour companies that do day trips or even few day trips. Is this at all possible? We are interested in the beach, snorkeling, bike riding, bird watching/nature, and culture/history. travel would be beginning of March 2015

2 replies to this topic
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West coast for 2 women in their 60's, tour companies

Is there a particular reason you chose the west coast? For the type of vacation you are looking for, I believe San Juan would be a better fit: there's plenty of history, the rainforest is only 45 minutes away (over 3 hours from the west coast).

Also, you will definitely need a car in that area. In fact, you will need a car anywhere outside of San Juan because everything is spread out, and nothing is within walking distance.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West coast for 2 women in their 60's, tour companies

I have not heard of tour companies on the west coast. There are tour operators that offer snorkeling trips, horseback riding, kayak rentals, diving excursions among others; but you have to get to their facilities. They don't pick up at hotel.

For two weeks stay I would split one week west coast (Rincon , calm relax beach areas) and then San Juan (history, nature tours).

Reply to: West coast for 2 women in their 60's, tour companies
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mayaguez