We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in San Juan

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, Ca
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in San Juan

In order to use our frequent flyer we will need to spend at least one nite in San Juan. Where is a nice clean and not too expensive place to stay? Would you recommend trying to stay more than one nite? What is there to do in San Juan? How far is the Airport from the beach and the city?

Thank you for your suggestions.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in San Juan

i like www.canariohotels.com

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in San Juan

Peggypcm, If you are only going to stay 1 night, I suggest either the Hampton Inn or the Embassy Suites in Isla Verde. They are less expensive than the beach fronts, but close to the airport, which means you will get to the hotel fast (10 minutes) and you can get back to the airport fast as well. San Juan is a compact place so you can visit other areas like Old San Juan or the Condado easily, even on a one day stay. At night you can walk to the El San Juan hotel for dining and nightlife. Of course, I would recommend a longer stay.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
7,918 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in San Juan

I have seen a couple reports of the Caribe Hilton at $79 a night through Priceline.

4. Re: Where to stay in San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, August 25, 2009