We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years in San Juan?

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Years in San Juan?

What is a good restaurant or hotel to celebrate New Years in San Juan? I understand it isn't safe to simply walk around because people shoot their guns as part of the celebration. There are five of us traveling together - four adults in our mid-thirties, and my father who is 79 but in very good shape and as hip as anyone I know. I'm hoping to find an affordable, fun hotel party or a nice restaurant with good food and live music....

Thanks!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years in San Juan?

Dress up and get yourself into the lobby of the El San Juan. An ordinary Saturday night there is better than New Years Eve anywhere in Boston.

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years in San Juan?

Ventana del Mar will be a nice option. It's an outdoor park that is across the street from San Juan's upscale shopping strip. It's right on the water. At night they have a restaurant/bar type thing with tables and music. It's a "nightlife" atmosphere without being a booming club jam packed to the point where you can't walk.

If I am not mistaken it's where they put the giant christmas tree and the light up three wise men on the beach in Condado. It's also got like a water show type thing that shoots out of the ground and lights up in different colors.

It's Ashford Ave near Mariano Ramirez (across from Cartier, Louis Vuitton etc.)

Puerto Rico
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years in San Juan?

I would suggest Brava, it's in El San Juan Hotel. Tourists love it there and the party for New Years will be great! When some of my relatives came fom New York I took them to Brava they loved it. We 1st made reservations; so it was hassel free for me(it would really help if you did the same especially on New Years) 7876028222 is the number of Brava.I am so sure they will help you. Call them, I think there is dinner in the hotel too, you can ask them about that.

4. Re: New Years in San Juan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 19, 2009