We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for PR in 3-4 days.

Washignton,DC
10 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for PR in 3-4 days.

Hi all: I'm thinking of going to PR for MLK weekend in January and it will be my 1st trip there.

I am a teacher and my best friend is 23yr old student- we are both on a limited budget but want to have a good time and see some nice sights. Can anyone suggest what to do/see for 3 or 4 days? We want to sightsee don't want to spend all our time around touristy areas. Should we stay in SJ or some other part of the island? Also, is it necessary to rent a car???

Thx to all !

Bespoke Lifestyle Management
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Boat Tours, Day Trips
Jerrys Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
De Tour Con Ali
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Suggestions for PR in 3-4 days.

Hey Angie I just went on Hotwire and booked a midsize car for 9.95 a day.................I couldn't believe it. Picking it up from sju on 1/11 and returning on 1/15 for a whopping total of 60.89 with tax. I can easily blow that one way to fajardo so you might want to check that out if you plan on venturing out of san juan.

12. Re: Suggestions for PR in 3-4 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:26 pm, December 12, 2006
Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Suggestions for PR in 3-4 days.

Hi anjii, did you just say you purchased your tickets on 12/6 and are leaving 1/11?? How much did you have to pay?? I'm looking for cheap tics for the end of Jan and can't find any???

thanks for any help

Washignton,DC
10 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Suggestions for PR in 3-4 days.

Check out Orbitz. I paid $260.00

Good luck!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Suggestions for PR in 3-4 days.

I got very low priced tickets to San Juan on SPIRIT AIR. Even though I have to drive 2 hrs to catch the flight out of Myrtle Beach, it's worth it. I'm saving almost $800 on two tickets (for a March trip).

16. Re: Suggestions for PR in 3-4 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 26, 2009