We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ACE Rent a Car

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
ACE Rent a Car

Has anyone used this company? They are quite a bit less expensive than Charlies and will let us drop off by the hotel instead of taking it back to the airport. I currently have a reservation with L&M, but this is also quite a bit let expensive. Before I booked with them, just wanted to get some feedback. Thanks

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ACE Rent a Car

Have you tried Hotwire? I have found them to be the best deal. There is an airport tax for renting a vehicle at the airport. If you plan on dropping the car off somewhere else, then rent off airport and take a cab. I've done that several times. Got a hotel in Isle Verde, took a cab there, relaxed, got a rent al a couple days later and headed off across the island. You will save a 10/11% airport access tax.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ACE Rent a Car

PR Rob, I am sure you are right. However, we need to rent at the airport as we have a ton of shopping to do between our arrival and the rest of our group. So we are going to get the car, go do the shopping and then go back to the airport to pick the other up. So I need to be able to get the car at the airport, but drop it off at the hotel prior to leaving on our cruise. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Level Contributor
1,109 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ACE Rent a Car

I have not heard of or ever used ACE, however if they came back cheaper then Charlies, I would re contact Charlies and send them the quote from ACE. Charlies is also a local company and strives to be competative and more then likely they will meet or beat the price from ACE. We have always rented from Charlies, and I know they have reliable cars and great customer service. I have also used kayak.com and Orbitz to look for best prices so it may be another option to try.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ACE Rent a Car

i agree with ZANEY.CHARLIE'S is a reputable local company. see if they will meet or beat !

good luck,

doda

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ACE Rent a Car

Does anyone have a direct number for Charlie's. I will call and see if they will meet the price. Thanks

Level Contributor
1,109 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ACE Rent a Car

The web site is www.charliecars.com

All numbers including 1-800 are listed on the web site. If you call Monday morning just ask for the manager.

7. Re: ACE Rent a Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 19, 2009