We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in San Juan! Where can we rent a boat?

Minneapolis
3 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in San Juan! Where can we rent a boat?

Hi,

I'm going to San Juan with my husband for our honeymoon in early Septbember. I'm wondering if there are any things that we must do as far as romance goes, are there any out of the way places we won't see in the guidebooks that we just can't miss?

Also, I'm wondering where we can rent a small boat and get the views of the sunset and enjoy San Juan from the water.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in San Juan! Where can we rent a boat?

contact "ERIN GO BRAUGH CHARTERS 'at

www.egbc.net

good luck,

doda

Level Contributor
1,109 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in San Juan! Where can we rent a boat?

I think in Old San Juan they offer boat tours at sunset. Perhaps someone who is more familiar with this can give you some input. However for a graet day of sailing and snorkeling along the islands off the east coast and wonderful personal service there is no better way to spend a special occasion then aboard Erin Go Bragh. Just read some of the reviews and you'll see they are top notch!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in San Juan! Where can we rent a boat?

How long are you staying in PR and are you renting a car?

There are places beyond the metro area that are beautiful, but to visit beyond SJ, most people would recommend a car.

The Erin Go Bragh gets positive reviews. you can also look into www.aquaticapuertorico.com for jetskiing around SJ Bay.

Definately visit OSJ and one or 2 of the many great restaurants in that area.

Minneapolis
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in San Juan! Where can we rent a boat?

Thanks for your replies.

The Erin Go Braugh looks like a wonderful opportunity, I've already emailed them about availablity.

We'll be in San Juan for 10 days and will rent a car for one of two days probably.

Thanks again for your replies, with your help this will be a unique trip we'll never forget.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in San Juan! Where can we rent a boat?

You may consider going to the west coast of the island during the time that you'll have the car . If you don't want to go too far, you can visit Isabela- where you can go horsebackriding on the beach with Tropical Trailrides- www.tropicaltrailrides.com and then eat in front of Jobos Beach at Ocean Front or Happy Belly's. If you want to go further west, then you can visit the Rincon lighthouse and go eat at Taboo Tavern at Beside the Pointe( it is a very casual setting but its right on the beach). If you happen to get as far as the town of Boqueron, then I recommend Galloway's.

If you do go to this side of the island, leave early from SJ, so that you give yourself plenty of time to enjoy the sights and get back .

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in San Juan! Where can we rent a boat?

sounds like a most excellent suggestion pr rocks !!! explore, explore, explore !!!

happy and safe travels,

doda

7. Re: Honeymoon in San Juan! Where can we rent a boat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 15, 2009