We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan vs. Aruba vs. Nassau vs. Punta Cana Vs. Montego Bay

Boston...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
San Juan vs. Aruba vs. Nassau vs. Punta Cana Vs. Montego Bay

Hey everyone! I am looking to book a vacation around new years (from late december to early january) for me and my boyfriend. We recieved a free one-way ticket on Airtran to any destination and I am currently having a very hard time trying to decide which of the Caribbean destinations to go to! Cancun was initally first on my list but the flights there are all booked. (We are flying from Boston, MA)

A Couple Guidelines:

-We are in college so the cheaper the better!

-We are mostly trying to find a place for ADVENTURE. (ex. dolphins, water sports like parasailing, jet skis, etc., ziplining, ATV, all types of things!) Also it would make a difference if these kinds of activities were cheaper.

-We LOVE seafood, but only if its not a ridiculous amount of money

-We are not big on night life and drinking.. moreover about the food and adventure. :)

-This is going to be our FIRST carribean adventure.. hopefully a good one!

Our budget for a 5 day, 4-night stay is less than 1k.

If any of you have had any experience in these places please let me know!

Thank you so much!

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,461 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: San Juan vs. Aruba vs. Nassau vs. Punta Cana Vs. Montego Bay

Montego Bay has some nice resorts and is close to the airport vs Negril which is over an hour away, we have been to Aruba many times and love Eagle beach, Bucuti or Manchebo resorts are both nice vs Palm beach with all the high rise hotels. Aruba can be windy w3hile Jamaica will be warm and mild breeze anytime you go.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: San Juan vs. Aruba vs. Nassau vs. Punta Cana Vs. Montego Bay

Im sorry, but, really?

you need help narrowing it down from these?

you can't narrow it down yourself?

you should be posting questions specific to Puerto Rico or at least a little more focused.

Only you can decide what is best for you.

Do the research then bring questions back.

this is for all people, not the OP only.

And what would someone expect the people on this board to say? PR is no good?

13. Re: San Juan vs. Aruba vs. Nassau vs. Punta Cana Vs. Montego Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 22, 2014