We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 5 nights too many in San Juan?

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
RICHTC
Level Contributor
110 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Is 5 nights too many in San Juan?

We are a family of four (12 & 14). I have booked 5 nights at the Marriott Stellaris and 2 nights in Fajardo. When we are in Fajardo, we will do bio bay, El Junque, and Culebra.

Will we run out of things to do in The San Juan area?

RICHTC
Level Contributor
110 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 5 nights too many in San Juan?

Excuse my bad grammer ... Are 5 nights too many... :)

Edited: 6:17 pm, September 14, 2013
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,891 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 5 nights too many in San Juan?

It all depends what you want to do. From SJ you can drive west to the caves and observatory, as well as other beaches. OSJ will take 2 days. Maybe 1 beach day. So that's at least 4 days. You can also consider adding one day to Fajardo for beach/relaxation time.

Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 5 nights too many in San Juan?

3nights is perfect for san juan. There are a lot of educational and historical sites.(lots of walking in old san juan) green and white trolleys are free in san jun..

But for a lot of activities the Fajardo area is perfecto...(lots of outdoor activities in Fajardo).. Be safe and have fun..

RICHTC
Level Contributor
110 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 5 nights too many in San Juan?

Thank you very much. . We are going for 8 nights total, but I think we will extend Fajardo to 3 nights and I think we will do some day trips out of San Juan.

Question- if you we're going to spend 5 nights in either San Juan or Fajardo,, which would you choose?

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 5 nights too many in San Juan?

That is a tough question! I'm a beach lover so I would choose Fajardo. Here is why':

Bio bay

Las Cabezas reserve and seven seas

Culebra day trip

Vieques day trip

El Yunque and more beach

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 5 nights too many in San Juan?

i wiould spend two nights in San Juan with one day trip west to the caves, 3 nights in Vieques(bio bay) maybe a day trip to Culebra for snorkeling

7. Re: Is 5 nights too many in San Juan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 19, 2014