We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Rico’s 1st The Cheesecake Factory opens Aug 28

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
Save Topic
Puerto Rico’s 1st The Cheesecake Factory opens Aug 28

"Its arrival has been 10 years in the making, but next Wednesday the wait will be over. On Aug. 28, The Cheesecake Factory, the California-based casual dining restaurant — best known for its over-the-top cheesecake desserts — will open its doors in Plaza Las Américas in Hato Rey."

more … newsismybusiness.com/puerto-ricos-1st-the-ch…

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
883 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Rico’s 1st The Cheesecake Factory opens Aug 28

I saw that two months ago when it was under construction.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,200 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Rico’s 1st The Cheesecake Factory opens Aug 28

Oh brother... I can imagine the line to get in already. The one at the King of Prussia mall here is ALWAYS packed. There's always a wait, yet somehow reservations are not accepted. Honestly, I don't get the hype. The cheesecakes are fantastic, but the food is just ok (in my opinion anyway). Why wait an hour (or more) for an oversized salad, that if it's meant to be healthy, shouldn't be so large to begin with, or a hamburger and fries you can get anywhere else (and much better)?? Personally, I would never wait to eat there when there are so many fantastic restaurants that do accept reservations. But to those who would: enjoy!!!

Edited: 8:01 am, August 23, 2013
White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
883 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Rico’s 1st The Cheesecake Factory opens Aug 28

The last thing I want to do is eat at places with same restaurants in the states.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Rico’s 1st The Cheesecake Factory opens Aug 28

For those of us living on the island, it's a _good_ thing to have options to local PR food!

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Rico’s 1st The Cheesecake Factory opens Aug 28

Who does not LOVE their cheesecakes? Yummy!

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Rico’s 1st The Cheesecake Factory opens Aug 28

if it helps the economy, its a good thing.

Bloomfield CT. USA
Level Contributor
257 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Rico’s 1st The Cheesecake Factory opens Aug 28

I have to agree with Paris. Cheesecake Factory has been open for over 2 years, 15 minutes from my home. We have gone there 4-5 times and are yet to eat there. Each time they say 30-40 minute wait. You know that means an hour. With so many other excellent choices, I really don't get the allure. Oh well, maybe you can put your name in and go shopping for an hour. Hmmm?

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Rico’s 1st The Cheesecake Factory opens Aug 28

I like cheesecake, but how many people go just for cheesecake (and you can find better elsewhere). In general, I found the CF the quintessential quantity-over-quality situation. However, to each their own. I don't have to eat there.

Edited: 9:23 am, August 23, 2013
White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
883 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Rico’s 1st The Cheesecake Factory opens Aug 28

Yes it helps the economy which is a good thing. It's not a good thing for the local restaurant businesses. But hey, it's a free market. It's a great marketing strategy for the mall too.

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
83 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puerto Rico’s 1st The Cheesecake Factory opens Aug 28

Puerto Rico that is wonderful! We finally got one close to Galveston in Clear Lake, Texas, and when we venture off the island in need of a little shopping , we always like to visit the Cheesecake Factory. Yummy yummy. Congrats PR!