We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vieques Question

Flushing, New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Vieques Question

Hola -

I am a NYer Rican that still makes a yearly trip to the island of my heart. I would love to go to Vieques or to Culebra but I don't drive. Is it possible to visit these areas without the use of a car?

Whenever I visit the relatives usually drive me around but I don't want to impose on them.

Thanks for your help.

CoquiCoqui

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vieques Question

Yeah, you can definately manage to get around Vieques and Culebra without your own car, because both of them have taxi services.

Culebra may be better for a person without a car because there is pretty much one great beach that would be the only palce youd need to go, Flamenco Beach, and into town to get to the Island and leave it.

Vieques is a bigger island and has different things to do in different areas and may be a funner place to explore when you have your own car. But its doable. So give it a shot, both places are very cool.

-Ricky

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vieques Question

Because of its small size Culebra is a great place to visit for those who do not wish to drive. If you like walking, the distances are manageable or you can rent a bicyle.