We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bottled coquito

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Topic
bottled coquito

I bought a bottle of Coquito at a duty-free shop, and it has been stored on the shelf for a year. I just noticed that it says it needs to be refrigerated. Eek! I don't think it was refrigerated at the airport...Is it still good? Do they mean "refrigerate when opened"? The website is incomplete, mostly "under construction>" I emailed them but have not received a reply. Help!

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bottled coquito

You should refrigerate it After opening...If there is some left..

LOL

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bottled coquito

The brand you bought at the airport was probably made by the Alemany company from Guaynabo Puerto Rico. It's very good. It contains rum and brandy (alcohol) which acts like a preservative. It'll be ok. You might want to sprinkle a little cinnamon or a tiny bit of nutmeg in your glass before drinking it.

Edited: 6:24 pm, July 16, 2013
3. Re: bottled coquito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 18, 2014