Hi, husband and I are arriving after 11:00 pm on July 1, first cruise! Cruse is July 2 at 10:00 pm with Carnival docking at OSJ Paseo Concepcion de Garcia. So we have a good 12 hours at San Juan on Sunday. My plan is to find a convenient hotel for 1 night, then head out at 8:00 am to El Yunque, return by around 3:00 pm, then tour around OSJ for a couple of hours, then head out to the cruse. Some advise will be really appreciated, esp.from locals or people who have done it. Thanks in advance!
1. Does it make sense to rent the car just for that one day? Is there pickup at airport, drop car off in town service?
2. Any recommendation to hotel for just one night? Preferably close to where I will embark to the cruse.
3. Read that SJ traffic is quite bad, how is it on Sunday morning? Does it make sense to leave at 8:00 am this early?
4. Is there convenience store along the way to buy some bottle water on route to El Yunque?
5. After the cruse, we return to the pier at 7:00 am, the cruse ship offer $30 each person to take us back to airport. Heard it is only $20 to take taxi. Usually will there be enough taxi, or will it be like a zoo where everyone fight for a taxi?
Thanks, really look forward to the cruse...been saving for a while.;-)