We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan Restaurants

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
125 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
San Juan Restaurants

Hello everyone in San Juan, Puerto Rico,

We are planning a trip to San Juan end of May and it seems as though all of the restaurants receive at least 4 stars on Trip Advisor.

Does this mean we can meander about and just pick anything that looks inviting?

Don't really care about perfect, just friendly warm surroundings and the real thing.

Thanks in advance from St. Augustine, FL

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,088 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Juan Restaurants

My bf from NYC claims that any restaurant in PR is better than the best in Manhattan. Although I would not go that far, I can tell you that most places in the tourist area are excellent. Very few tourist traps. My faves are Marmelade, Casa Lola, LaMadre,Cafe Puerto Rico, St Germain cafe, to name a few.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Juan Restaurants

Also from NYC...the best part of visiting PR are the restaurants. My husband and I are real foodies. Marmelade in Old San Juan is a MUST. Even if it's your only 'splurge' the food is so fine...all organic, creative and will WOW you. Expect a food-gasm here! In Isla Verde we favor Piccola Fontana at the El San Juan (if you like cheese order the burata) & BLT at the Ritz (just the popovers alone make it worth going here). Enjoy! :)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,642 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: San Juan Restaurants

I hear great things about 1919 the new restaurant at the Condado Vanderbilt. Its easy to find a nice restaurant in San Juan, but some great ones like Chayote and Copa are long gone.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
125 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Juan Restaurants

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Juan Restaurants

We visited 1919 on our last trip. It's beautiful!! We had a drink on the patio overlooking the ocean. We wanted to have dinner but hubby was wearing shorts and they have a dress code. Menu looked great though!

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
176 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Juan Restaurants

Another vote for Marmelade, it was great. Also, Jose Enrique is a very good restaurant, although a bit hard to find. For breakfast/lunch, I love Espana Panaderia...We go there every trip.

Im getting married in San Juan in October, I'll have to keep 1919 in mind for dinner.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Juan Restaurants

Casa Lola in Condado.

Pikayo at the Conrad Hilton

Raices in Old San Juan

Alfredo's (Itialian) Intercontinental Hotel

Edited: 5:16 pm, April 03, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Juan Restaurants

We visited 1919 on our last trip. It's beautiful!! We had a drink on the patio overlooking the ocean. We wanted to have dinner but hubby was wearing shorts and they have a dress code. Menu looked great though!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: San Juan Restaurants

1919 is great for a photo op too!'

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: San Juan Restaurants

Metropol was our favorite restaurant in Isla Verde (part of San Juan).