We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainforest--

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Rainforest--

I hear this is a must see! What is the normal cost from the hotel to take a tour? (Does it take all day or can you do half day--what would you recommend?)

rqf
New York City
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainforest--

Ther are half day tours but I have no idea as to price. if there are two or more in your party it would probably be less expensive to rent a car for the day.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainforest--

your best bet would be to rent a car for the day. you could then visit SEVEN SEAS BEACH in FAJARDO and LUQUILLO BEACH in LUQUILLO after you tour the rainforest. both are beautiful . i recommend taling the trail to LA MINA FALLS and the MT. BRITTON TRAIL. the view from the overlooK tower at the end of this trail is AMAZING ! make sure you waer shoes with good traction as the trail to the falls is very slippery... no flip-flops !

good luck,

doda

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainforest--

Yes, the 1/2 day rain forest tour is about $45 p/p and the regular bus group tour is available everyday departing about 8:30 am, from most hotels .

There are also private tours that you might find more interesting, check out what tour companies might have at this link.

travelandsports.com/cgi-bin/exp.cgi…

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainforest--

If you are staying in the San Juan/Isla Verde area then get in touch with Castillo Tours. They offer three different hiking tours into El Yunkue depending on your needs. They have tour desks in some of the hotels but I think they also provide round trip transportation to and from so you dont have to worry about driving.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainforest--

If I don't have good water shoes will they be easy to find at the hotel or around there or should I definitely buy them before we go?

Level Contributor
1,109 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainforest--

I still think you should rent a car for the day. Head to El Yunque really early in the AM when it is cooler. Hike until noon, then head to the famous Luquillo kiosks for some lunch the Luquillo beach for a swim a few pina coladas and then perhaps a siesta. In the evening head to Fajardo and definitly see the biobay. You really shouldn't miss this if traveling to PR.

There should be a Walgreens or similar store near your hotel if you are downtown, you can buy water shoes there.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rainforest--

great--we are heading their at 7 AM so that should be great! Thanks!~

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Rainforest--

everything in SAN JUAN is expensive... i'd get the shoes before you leave....if you are going to buy watershoes they should fit snugly !

best of luck,

doda

9. Re: Rainforest--

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 13, 2009