We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airline from Montreal ( Canada) to SJU?

Montreal
Level Contributor
173 posts
168 reviews
Save Topic
Which airline from Montreal ( Canada) to SJU?

We are booked on the Celebrity Summit Dec 2013 and I will start looking at flight from Montreal to San Juan soon

I know that there is no direct flight from Montreal so we will have to stop somewhere

Considering the possibility of winter storm, where should we fly to to make our transfer?

AA has flights from Montreal to Miami, then to SJU. But I have heard that AA has declared bankrupcy and I am worried about booking with them

Should I go with US Airways or United?

Which airline is better?

I am willing to consider all the smaller companies like Jet Blue and Spirit air too. Is there any that flies from FLL or MIA

We can always sleep one night in FLL or MIA and then fly to SJU on the day of the cruise.

Thank you

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which airline from Montreal ( Canada) to SJU?

SJU is one big Terminal with a lot of different concourses. JFK has 6 or 8 Terminals connected by what appears to be a rail systemm Air Canada and United both appear to use Terminal 7 while Jet Blue uses Terminal 5. From my prior experience flying out of Canada you go thru US Customs in the Canadian airport and none when you arrive.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,088 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which airline from Montreal ( Canada) to SJU?

If you plan to switch from one terminal to another in JFK, give yourself plenty of connection time. You have to take the airtran to connect. Then check in and go through TSA line again.

I still don't think that is a good idea, unless the price is much lower doing this. Just use one airline imo.

Montreal
Level Contributor
173 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Which airline from Montreal ( Canada) to SJU?

I was planning to fly to JFK because I have enough points for the 3 of us. Then pay for our tickets from JFK to SJU. That's why all the questions concerning JFK

If I can avoid this airport, I will

I also just found tickets from YUL to FLL. JetBlue has a lot of flight from FLL to SJU everyday

Anyway, thanks for all the advices and infos. I'll keep them in mind when I book.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Which airline from Montreal ( Canada) to SJU?

JetBlue's new facilities are located in Terminal A of the Luis Munoz Marin International Airport. JetBlue is the largest airline currently flying into Puerto Rico.

caribbeanbusinesspr.com/news/jetblue-makes-s…

Some airlines refer to concourses as "terminals".

ifly.com/luis-munoz-marin-international-airp…

Edited: 8:32 am, January 14, 2013
15. Re: Which airline from Montreal ( Canada) to SJU?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, January 16, 2014